New in 2017!
Olympia Fencing Center and Brandeis University will co-host our first sleepover camp, geared towards advanced fencers, ages 15 and over.
Advanced fencers under 15 can sign up for the day camp only, with a reduced fee.
When: July 31 – August 4, 9:00 AM to 8:30 PM
Where: Brandeis University, Gosman Athletic Center.
The coaches team will include, beside Daniel Hondor, Olympia’s director, Mr. Bill Shipman, head coach of the Brandeis fencing team, Mr. Cornel Milan, coach of the Romanian National and Olympic Women’s Epee Team.
Among the registered campers:
- Greta Candreva, number one in US in Cadet Women’s Épée and number two in Juniors, 13th in the world, the youngest and only american on top 16th. She got a silver medal at the Cadet Circuit in Grenoble, FR, and three bronze medals in Burgos, SP (11/2016), Grenoble, FR (12/2016) and Bratislava, SK (01/2017).
- Emily Vermeule, number three in Cadet Women’s Épée, National Champion 2016, Y14 WE, 50st in the world (6th american in top 64), 9th place at the Cadet Circuit in Grenoble, FR, (12/2016) and 12th, in Bratislava, SK (01/2017), 20th in Klagenfurt, (10/2016).
- Robert Hondor, Junior Olympics 2017 Cadets ME Champion, number 9 in the US and 40st in the world. Robert won a silver medal with the US team, at the Cadets World Cup, in Bratislava (01/2017) and 14th pl. in the individual event. He placed 15th in Klagenfurt (10/2016) and 45th in Grenoble, FR (12/2016).
- Alexandra Predescu, World Champion, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, Cadet WE 2016, ranked 1st in the world in 2016.
- Hunter Candreva, 23rd at the Cadet Circuit, Bratislava and 28th, Klagenfurt, AU.
Registration is now open on askfred.net, and limited to 50 spots.
Residential and non-residential options are available.
Official sponsor of the camp, our club preferred merchandiser, Blue Gauntlet, will provide all the needed fixtures. Check out their website for an unparalleled shopping experience: great prices, best quality, fast shipping, easy exchange/returns, customer appreciation, we highly recommend them!
More about our camp
The camp will take place at the prestigious Brandeis University, located in Waltham, MA, about 10 miles west of Boston and about twenty-five minutes from Logan Airport, near the junction of I-95 and I-90.
The famous campus includes state of the art amenities, in a scenic setting under breathtaking views of the Boston Skyline.
Residential accommodation is provided at Brandeis University dormitories.
Arrival in the campus on Monday, August 31st, 8:00 AM, check out on Friday, August 4th, same time.
Fees include room and board, 3 meals per day (excluding the last day of the camp), and amenities on campus.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner, hot meals, will be served three times a day, there are numerous restaurants in walking distance as well.
Food consists of an an assortment of hot and cold foods, pizza, salad, sandwiches.
Rooms have beds, desks, closets. Group bathrooms.
The dorms are short walk from the gym (locker rooms provided).
Training Camp Packing List
- Mask in good condition
- Fencing jacket and knickers
- 2 pairs of long socks
- Sneakers with white or non-marking soles, preferably fencing shoes
- At least 2 working body cords
- At least 2 working weapons
- Chest protector
- At least 3 pairs of shorts
- At least 7 t-shirts
- Warm-ups/sweat shirts/hoodies
- Long, sporty pants
- Good pair of shoes for hiking or cross training
- Toiletries including soap, shampoo, deodorant, detergent
- Bath towel and hand towel
- Sunscreen, bug repellent
- Spending money
- Swimming trunks/bathing suit
- Small fan (the dorms don’t have AC but the campus is situated on high grounds and there is always a breeze.
Optional items: Tennis racket and balls • Games, DVDs to share with dorm mates • Laptop • Cell phone
There are coin operated washer and dryers on campus.
We’re looking forward to having you at our camp!