Olympia Fencing Center is New England’s premier fencing club, recipient of the numerous awards and titles.
Our students are multiple national and international medalists, five times in a row Pomme Terre champions, double champions at the 2017 and 2018 Junior Olympics, in Cadets and Juniors Men’s and Women’s Epee.
Three of the six 2018 US Cadet Epee World Team are Olympia students and camp attendees!
Come and train with the best!
The camp is épée exclusively and is geared toward competitive fencers, ages 14 and up, to advance their training and bring them close to their goals.
Group and individual, physical and tactical instruction, is provided by Olympia’s coaches and special guests.
Advanced fencers under 14 can sign up for the day camp only, with a reduced fee.
When: July 29 – August 4, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM to 8:30 PM
Where: Brandeis University, Gosman Athletic Center.
- Daniel Hondor, Olympia’s director.
- Bill Shipman, former head coach of the Brandeis fencing team
- Julian Rueda Espinosa, former member of the Colombian National Team.
- José Luis Abajo, 2008 Olympic medalist, 2006 World Fencing Silver Medalist, inducted in the Hall of Fame of the International Fencing Federation in 2013.
- Alejandra Maria Trumble, Ivy League champion, former UPenn Épée Team Captain, recognized as the fencer with the most wins EVER, in the university’s history.
- Jake Raynis, Bronze medalist 2013 Junior World Championships, Porec, Croatia.
- Alexandra Predescu, World Champion, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, Cadet WE 2016, ranked 1st in the world in 2016.
- Pauline Chretien, former member of France National Épée Team.
More coaches and attendees will be announce as soon as we receive confirmation.
Registration is now open on askfred.net, and limited to 30 spots.
Residential and non-residential options are available:
Residential Fee: $1550.00
Commuter Full Camp: $1150.00
10% early bird registration discount if register before 5/10/2018
Follow this link to download the Registration Form.
- via PayPal: look up our club name, our phone number: (617) 945 9448 or our Director, Daniel Hondor.
- by mailing a check to us: 127 Smith Pl., Cambridge, MA, 02138
- by calling our center with a credit card number.
Official sponsor of the camp, our club preferred merchandiser, Blue Gauntlet, will provide all the needed fixtures. Check out their website for an unparalleled shopping experience: great prices, best quality, fast shipping, easy exchange/returns, customer appreciation, we highly recommend them!
More about our camp
The camp will take place at the prestigious Brandeis University, located in Waltham, MA, about 10 miles west of Boston and about twenty-five minutes from Logan Airport, near the junction of I-95 and I-90.
The famous campus includes state of the art amenities, in a scenic setting under breathtaking views of the Boston Skyline.
Residential accommodation is provided at Brandeis University dormitories.
Arrival in the campus on Monday, August 30, 8:00 AM, check out on Friday, August 3, same time.
Fees include room and board, 3 meals per day (excluding the last day of the camp and dinner on the first day, for those arriving on Sunday).
Breakfast, lunch and dinner, hot meals, will be served three times a day, there are numerous restaurants in walking distance as well.
Food consists of an an assortment of hot and cold foods, pizza, salad, sandwiches.
Rooms have beds, desks, closets. Group bathrooms.
The dorms are short walk from the gym (locker rooms provided).
Training Camp Packing List
- Mask in good condition
- Fencing jacket and knickers
- 2 pairs of long socks
- Sneakers with white or non-marking soles, preferably fencing shoes
- At least 2 working body cords
- At least 2 working weapons
- Chest protector
- At least 3 pairs of shorts
- At least 7 t-shirts
- Long, sporty pants
- Good pair of shoes for hiking or cross training
- Twin size sheet set and pillow
- Toiletries including soap, shampoo, deodorant, detergent
- Bath towel and hand towel
- Sunscreen, bug repellent
- Spending money
- Swimming trunks/bathing suit
- Small fan (the dorms don’t have AC but the campus is situated on high grounds and there is always a breeze).
Optional items: Tennis racket and balls • Games, DVDs to share with dorm mates • Laptop • Cell phone
There are coin operated washer and dryers on campus.
We’re looking forward to having you at our camp!