Keep active, learn something new, and have fun this summer!
About Our Camps
Competitive fencing is one of the fastest-growing sports in North America, and if you haven’t tried it yet, summertime is the best time to start!
Olympia Fencing Center coaches consist of world-class fencing masters and professional educators, CORI and Safe Sport certified.
We make learning fencing fun and enjoyable, in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
Our fencing camps are geared toward children ages 9-14, with some or no fencing experience, of all athletic levels. Full fencing gear is provided.
The campers are grouped by age and level, and both fencers and non-fencers are welcome!
For now, Summer 2024 beginner/intermediate camps are only offered in our Cambridge location.
Follow this link to the registration page.
Cambridge Location: 127 Smith Place, Cambridge, MA 02138
Times: 9 AM – 3 PM
Cost: $625.00/week OR $135.00/day
Minimum of three days per week required.
10% Sibling Discount Available
2-hour extended pick-up provided at $15/hour
Full payment is due on the first day of the camp, by check or credit card, payable to OLYMPIA FENCING CENTER.
A $100.00 online deposit fee is required to secure your spot in the camp. The deposit fee is non-refundable (unless the camp is canceled) and is included in your camp cost. All deposits must be made by July 1st.
Last-minute registration can be possible based on availability, but participants will be subject to a late fee. Please email us using our contact form if you would like to register late.
For FSA receipts: our tax id is 455290901.
What to Expect
Our camp day starts with warm-up exercises and stretches, followed by agility games, footwork, and target practice.
Supervised fencing bouts are followed by a lunch break (around 11:30 AM), during which time we’ll run fencing-related movies on our big screen TV.
The rest of the camp day will consist of fencing basics: correct stances, lunges and parries, the rules, the electrical scoring system, bouting, and round-robin.
The camp week concludes with a fencing tournament, medals will be awarded, and a pizza party.
What you need to bring:
- Lunch pack, two snacks (we encourage fruits), water bottle.
Perishable lunches can be stored in our on-premise fridge, so please make sure your lunch is marked up with your child’s name!
- Shorts, athletic pants, sneakers.
Long pants are mandatory during bouting, shorts can be worn for stretching, footwork, and games.
- Extra T-shirt
- Water bottle
Olympia Fencing Center always prides by a high-flexibility in scheduling, to accommodate our busy families, so we only ask for a deposit to secure your spot in our very popular camps.
Because we must have a clear idea of the camp staffing needs, there are no deposit refunds.
If the camp doesn’t meet the required limit of ten people registered and we need to cancel, we are glad to refund your deposit in full.
Additional Information/FAQ (Read Before Registering!)
- Q: Is there a difference between the camps offered at Newton and the camps offered at Cambridge?
- A: No, both locations offer the same high-quality instruction for individuals new to Fencing.
- Q: I would like to sign up for multiple camps but I cannot attend them back to back. Is this going to be a problem?
- A: No! Our camps are designed so that you can jump right into each one without having to have any pre-existing knowledge from any of our previous camps.
- Q: Is there any way for me to see what a camp looks like before participating?
- A: Unfortunately, we do not have any recordings of previous camps, but we do have some great photos (see below!). Additionally, we live-stream our daily classes on YouTube which you can check out for a glimpse into our facility!
Have any other questions? Contact us!
Please email us using our contact form with any questions.