You have a shiny new weapon, but you lost your tip… What you do?
Here are a few basic rules on how to get your weapon fixed.
1. If your fencer’s weapon or cord breaks during class/competition, please encourage them to notify you (their parent) as well as their coach. The coach will do a quick check to confirm that the weapon/cord is actually broken.
2. The student should place their broken weapon/cord in the “Broken” rack outside of the armory located on the fencing floor.
There are small tags on the rack for writing your name and a short description of the problem with the equipment (if you do not know, it can be as brief as “not going off”).
Please print your name clearly on the tag. A coach is happy to help with this.
3. There are a number of coaches who contribute to the armory repairs. During their time in the armory, they will fix your broken weapon/cord, then place your weapon/cord for pickup in the “Fixed” section outside the armory where it can be picked up.
Check here every time before your class to see if your weapon/cord has been fixed.
4. If for some reason the items stays unrepaired for over a week, please kindly remind your child’s coach, and they will make sure it is completed for the following week.
5. Any basic repair is $10. More serious repairs include rewiring the weapon ($20) or blade replacements for blades that snap in half, may have a different fee, plus the broken part replacement cost.
If your fencer needs their grip changed, the cost of the grip plus labor ($10) will be charged. If any additional part is needed (i.e., a completely new tip ~$10) you will be charged the price of the part plus labor. Your fencer/your coach will discuss with you any major repairs before doing so.
6. When your item is fixed, your card on file will be charged, and you may view the itemized invoice on your portal.
Armory charges are done on a weekly or biweekly basis, depending on the armory load.