Olympia Fencing Center Club Policy
Olympia Fencing Center practices a Safe Sport policy, all our coaches are professional members of the US Fencing Association and Safe Sport certified.
- USFA membership is required for participation in all programs/activities.
- Olympia Fencing Center does not accept dual memberships.
- All monthly memberships are processed through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)* and require a credit card on file.
- The monthly fee covers group classes only.
- Moving up to a new program implies a mutual agreement on fee change.
- Sibling/family discount is available and applied to those in the high-tier programs.
- Occasional make-ups for missed classes must be scheduled by email, and are subject to availability.
- Any discounts are at the discretion of OFC management.
- All programs above beginner/learn-to-fence are subject to the annual club membership fee of $250.00/individual, $400/family of two, or $500.00/family of three or more.
$250.00/individual, $400/family of two or $600.00/family of three or more
Applicable to all students enrolled in any program above the beginner level, or ages 12 and over after their first year from enrolling date.
- Custom sizing and fencing gear ordering at the same price as of the vendors
- Guidance to starting competitions for those new to the sport, including customized seasonal plans.
- Free parent seminars throughout the season ($30 for non-members)
- Documentation and checklists for competitions.
- Club patch, affiliation, and representation at competitions
- Access to dressing rooms
- Strip coaching at competitions by Olympia coaches (coaching by non-club coaches is forbidden)
- Open bouting sessions (invitational)
- Private lessons with OFC coaches
- Access to member-only events
- Priority to fencing camps and clinics
- Armory (self-service) or armory services (paid)
- Access to both locations
The annual fee is applicable to a fencing season, which runs from August 1st to July 31st, and it’s prorated based on the enrolling date.
Membership cancellations and monthly holds are to be made in writing using our contact form. Verbal notices are not accepted.
- Absolutely no refunds for late notices.
For certain situations, additional late fees may incur.
- For holds longer than two months: $20.00 fee
- No refunds for the annual club fee once is processed.
- At the management’s discretion, credit may be applied for future sessions (for classes only).
2b) Classes Fees Policy
- Memberships are month to month. Monthly tuition must be paid in full right after registration
- A prorated fee will be offered for the first month
- Class fees do not include individual lessons, USFA membership, or tournament coaching.
- The student is responsible for payment changes while moving through programs (advancing).
- All new members of ages 12 and up, enrolled for over one year in a learn to fence program, must purchase their own weapon and body cord, and they are subject to the annual club fee.
- The student is responsible for payment changes while moving through programs.
Students who are moved to a more advanced program mutually agree to pay the new,
Failure to notify the management of a charge that’s not in line with the program you are
enrolled in will result in a lump sum charge for the unpaid months.
- No refunds and no adjustments are to be made to any discrepancies in the charges, if not
announced within 30 days.
- Students are responsible for their attendance.
– Make-up classes are offered occasionally for missed sessions; must email to schedule.
– No more than one make-up class per month.
– Make-up classes are to be approved at the discretion of the management and are subject
to space availability.
- All competitive classes are invitational and require participation in tournaments, at least two private lessons, and one summer training camp per season.
Three or more weekly private lessons are recommended.
- The “Members Only” membership type doesn’t include access to group classes; includes:
– Open Fencing
– Club patch
– Club representation
– Private instruction scheduling
2c) Private Lessons Policy
- Private lessons are available to the club members only.
- Private lessons are 25 minutes long and are to be paid for at the time of the lesson.
Payments can be made by credit card, check, cash, or other forms of payment, as agreed with the coach.
- Private lesson spots are booked on-going until written notice of cancelation is sent.
- There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all private lessons; no-shows will be charged at full price, using the credit card on file.
2d) Late Payment Policy
- OFC memberships are processed through a third party, and all late fees are handled accordingly to the processor’s policy.
2e) FSA and other deductions
Please use tax ID: 455290901
If a receipt for camps, etc. is needed, please ask us right at the time of the service.
Fencing gear rentals
Fencing gear packages are available for all beginner classes to take it home and use for a $15.00 monthly rental fee, and a $100.00 fully refundable security deposit.
You may buy your own gear at any time after your enrollment.
For club members only, we offer free individual sizing and fencing gear ordering at the same price as the vendors.
Custom weapons, fencing bags, and club warmups are available per request, including jacket stenciling (name on the back of the jacket).
End your membership and return your loaned fencing gear
- Email us with a request to cancel your membership.
- Wash your body items only (no mask or glove), dry them thoroughly, and bring them in a bag with a name label and the date of the return.
- You can hand it over to any coach present on the fencing floor or in the office.
All unwashed items are subject to a $20.00 fee.
We are not responsible for the unpacked items left around, with no name/date.
You must return your rental within ten days of canceling your membership, and we’ll refund your security deposit.
Late Payment Policy
- After registration, tuition must be paid in full at the first class (prorated fee will be offered if joining during the month).
- The student is responsible for payment changes upon moving through programs. Students cannot attend a new program without confirming the new fee with the management. Failure to change your membership fee will result in unwanted charges, including a bulk charge for unpaid months.
- After 1st notice of failed payment: a late payment fee of 5% from the monthly tuition will be added for every late day, plus a $10.00 processing fee.
- The above will apply to all payments, including private lessons, coaching fees, camps, and clinics, etc.
- Private lessons are not included in the class fees and require a 24-hour cancellation.
- For occasional holds longer than two months: $20.00/family.
- Summer Camp invoicing requests over 2 weeks after the camp’s ending date, but no later than one month, $15.00.
- For FSA and other deductions, please send us a message using our contact form, use tax ID: 455290901.
Classes and Private lessons
- Class fees do not include individual lessons, USFA membership, tournament coaching.
- Students are responsible for their attendance. There is no makeup offered for the missed sessions.
- Families with more than one member enrolled for one of our advanced programs, receive a 10% sibling discount.
- Private lessons are available to the club members only.
- Private lessons are 25 minutes long, and the spots are booked on-going until written notice of cancelation is sent.
- There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all private lessons, no shows will be charged at full price, using the credit card on file.
- All upgrades throughout programs (moving up to different levels), need to be acknowledged and confirmed by emailing us. Otherwise, it’s the student’s (parent/tutor’s) responsibility for paying any overdue fees for the services received, at any given time.
- Members Only membership type includes free Open Fencing, club patch, the right to representing Olympia during the competitions, and the fencers are entitled to private instruction scheduling with our coaches.
- Olympia Fencing Center practices a Safe Sport policy, all our coaches are professional members of the US Fencing Association and Safe Sport certified.
*Note: All competitive classes are invitational, and require participation in tournaments and the least one summer training session.
Videotaping or taking photos of the private lessons, classes, students, coaches, without permission from management is prohibited and it’s subject to exclusion.
Coaching and Coaching Fees for competitions
Strip coaching during local or national competitions is optional.
Travel expenses for the coaches will be divided between athletes being coached. Students will sign up individually for the events they’re interested in.
It is strongly recommended that fencers interested in the competitive side of the sport to attend tournaments for their skill level. Coaches will accompany athletes to competitions only if coaching arrangements have been established ahead of time. As a courtesy rule, if two members of our club end up fencing each other in a tournament, coaches will not assist.
- No Olympia FC members will accept, under any circumstances, to receive coaching from a coach other than our own.
- Olympia Fencing Center is not responsible for lost equipment.
- Olympia Fencing Center is a private club and reserves the right to review and deny participation in events held at its venue on a case by case basis.
- Non-disclosure agreement: all contracts, between our organization, club members, and employees should be confidential, failure in doing this will become subject to exclusion.
Olympia Fencing Center Code of Conduct
In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for all our members, everyone who uses our facility must adhere to our code of conduct. By using our facilities, you agree to abide by this code and be subject to its disciplinary provisions. We expect you to show respect for our fencers, coaches, visitors, staff, volunteers, the facility, and the rules of the game.
1. OFC members will abide by the club’s dress code:
Men will wear knee-length shorts (long athletic pants or knickers during fencing), and cover their upper body at all times (no muscle shirts or tanks).
Women must wear shorts with spandex underneath, long pants or knickers during fencing, T-shirts, and padded sports bras underneath. No leggings or sleeveless top tanks, as these are not considered safe during fencing.
We’re a highly competitive athletic center, focused on good practice and results, and we appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
2. Fencers must behave in a sportsmanlike manner, at all times. Behavior that would get you a warning or yellow card at a competition, will get you a warning or yellow card at the club. This includes but is not limited to the following prohibitions:
.Swearing. .Name-calling or negative talk. .Throwing equipment. .Hitting or kicking the floor or walls. .Yelling. .Misuse of equipment.
3. If your behavior would get you a black card at a competition, it will get you a black card at the club.
Such behavior will result in your being required to leave the facility immediately and includes, but is not limited, to the following prohibitions:
.Dangerously throwing equipment. . Willful damage to club property. . Dangerous or vindictive fencing. . Shouting matches, Fighting or Threats. . Extreme unsportsmanlike conduct. . Failure to follow the directives of the coaches or board member on duty.
4. Fencers who are black-carded more than once or whose behavior is particularly egregious are subject to suspension from the club and will be prohibited from using the facilities.
5. All students enrolled in the low-level programs, under the age of 16, have to announce their class coach before leaving the premises.
There is no exiting the class without permission, leave early, or being picked up outside.
Violation of these terms may result in disciplinary action, including suspension and termination.
Olympia Fencing Center cannot be held accountable for any outcome resulting from the violation of these rules.
We take pride in our work to keeping our organization’s standards high, our prices low, while offering flexibility, a safe, clean, and inspiring environment, the best training tools, and some of the best coaches in the country.
The parents are not advised to interfere with classes/coaching, please take a seat and relax, while our teachers are doing their job.
This is an option for existing fencers currently enrolled with other clubs, to check out some of our advanced classes. A maximum of two classes is allowed.
- $70.00/class – Juniors, 2 hours advanced class
- $55 – Youth competitive, 2 hours
- $35 – all others
Only 2 private lessons are allowed for non-members.
For more private lessons, membership is required: $99/mo
Advanced students enrolled in the basic membership type ($99.00), and who are taking private lessons with OFC coaches must pay the annual club fee ($250.00/individual, $400/family of two or $600.00/family of three or more)
Here is a printable copy of this policy.
Please note that Olympia Fencing Center doesn’t allow dual memberships.
Olympia Fencing Center