- USFA membership is required for participation in all programs/activities.
- Olympia Fencing Center does not accept dual memberships.
- All monthly memberships are processed through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)* and require credit card on file.
- There is a one-time $10.00 account set up fee for all new members.
Tuition Refund Policy
- Cancellations and holds are made by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Verbal notices are not accepted.
- Notice of cancellation sent before the due date: refund 100%.
- Cancel after the payment was processed: no refund.
- Hold after the payment was processed: credit for the following month, and $10.00 processing fee.
Late Payment Policy
- After registration, tuition must be paid in full at the first class (prorated fee will be offered if joining during the month).
- The student is responsible for payment changes upon moving through programs. Students cannot attend a new program without confirming the new fee with the management. Failure to change your membership fee will result in unwanted charges, including a bulk charge for unpaid months.
- After 1st notice of failed payment: a late payment fee of 5% from the monthly tuition will be added for every late day, plus a $10.00 processing fee.
- The above will apply to all payments, including private lessons, coaching fees, camps, and clinics, etc.
- Private lessons are not included in the class fees and require a 24-hour cancellation.
- For occasional holds longer than two months: $20.00/family.
- Summer Camp invoicing requests over 2 weeks after the camp’s ending date, but no later than one month, $15.00.
- For FSA and other deductions, please email: email@example.com, use tax ID: 455290901.
Classes and Private lessons
- Class fees do not include individual lessons, USFA membership, tournament coaching.
- Families with more than one member enrolled for one of our advanced programs, receive a 10% sibling discount.
- Private lessons are available to the club members only.
- Private lessons are 25 minutes long.
- There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all private lessons, no shows will be charged at full price, using the credit card on file.
- All upgrades throughout programs (moving up to different levels), need to be acknowledged and confirmed by emailing us. Otherwise, it’s the student’s (parent/tutor’s) responsibility for paying any overdue fees for the services received, at any given time.
- Members Only membership type includes free Open Fencing, club patch, the right to representing Olympia during the competitions, and the fencers are entitled to private instruction scheduling with our coaches.
- Olympia Fencing Center practices a Safe Sport policy, all our coaches are professional members of the US Fencing Association and Safe Sport certified.
*Note: All competitive classes are invitational, and require participation in tournaments and the least one summer training session.
Videotaping or taking photos of the private lessons, classes, students, coaches, without permission from management is prohibited and it’s subject to exclusion.
Coaching Fees for competitions
Strip coaching during local or national competitions is optional.
Travel expenses for the coaches will be divided between athletes being coached. Students will sign up individually for the events they’re interested.
It is strongly recommended that fencers interested in the competitive side of the sport to attend tournaments for their skill level. Coaches will accompany athletes to competitions only if coaching arrangements have been established ahead of time. As a courtesy rule, if two members of our club end up fencing each other in a tournament, coaches will not assist.
- No Olympia FC members will accept, under any circumstances, to receive coaching from a coach other than our own.
- Olympia Fencing Center is not responsible for lost equipment.
- Olympia Fencing Center is a private club and reserves the right to review and deny participation in events held at its venue on a case by case basis.
- Non-disclosure agreement: all contracts, between our organization, club members and employees should be confidential, failure in doing this will become subject to exclusion.
Olympia Fencing Center Code of Conduct
In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for all our members, everyone who uses our facility must adhere to our code of conduct. By using our facilities, you agree to abide by this code and be subject to its disciplinary provisions. We expect you to show respect for our fencers, coaches, visitors, staff, volunteers, the facility, and the rules of the game.
1. OFC members will abide by the club’s dress code:
Men will wear knee-length shorts (long athletic pants or knickers during fencing), and cover their upper body at all times (no muscle shirts or tanks).
Women must wear shorts with spandex underneath, long pants or knickers during fencing, T-shirts, and padded sports bras underneath. No leggings or sleeveless top tanks, as these are not considered safe during fencing.
We’re a highly competitive athletic center, focused on good practice and results, and we appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
2. Fencers must behave in a sportsmanlike manner, at all times. Behavior that would get you a warning or yellow card at a competition, will get you a warning or yellow card at the club. This includes but is not limited to the following prohibitions:
.Swearing. .Name-calling or negative talk. .Throwing equipment. .Hitting or kicking the floor or walls. .Yelling. .Misuse of equipment.
3. If your behavior would get you a black card at a competition, it will get you a black card at the club.
Such behavior will result in your being required to leave the facility immediately and includes, but is not limited, to the following prohibitions:
.Dangerously throwing equipment. . Willful damage to club property. . Dangerous or vindictive fencing. . Shouting matches, Fighting or Threats. . Extreme unsportsmanlike conduct. . Failure to follow the directives of the coaches or board member on duty.
4. Fencers who are black-carded more than once or whose behavior is particularly egregious are subject to suspension from the club and will be prohibited from using the facilities.
5. All students enrolled in the low-level programs, under the age of 16, have to announce their class coach before leaving the premises.
There is no exiting the class without permission, leave early, or being picked up outside.
Violation of these terms may result in disciplinary action, including suspension and termination.
Olympia Fencing Center cannot be held accountable for any outcome resulting from the violation of these rules.
We take pride in our work to keeping our organization’s standards high, our prices low, while offering flexibility, a safe, clean and inspiring environment, the best training tools, and some of the best coaches in the country.
The parents are not advised to interfere with classes/coaching, please take a seat and relax, while our teachers are doing their job.
$60.00/class – Juniors, 2 hours advanced class
$40 – Youth competitive, 2 hours
$30 – all others
2. Only 2 private lessons allowed for non-members.
Please note that Olympia Fencing Center doesn’t allow dual memberships.
Olympia Fencing Center
Here is a printable copy of this policy.