We provide everything to offer an enjoyable fencing experience!
Buying fencing equipment, especially for the first time, can be intimidating and difficult to decide.
All our trials receive full fencing gear at no cost.
For our new students’ convenience, we offer fencing gear rentals included in your monthly rate.
All beginner level memberships have a $20.00 rent-to-buy fee added, as follows:
- One-60-minute class: $145.00+$20.00 rental fee=$165.00
- Two 60-minute classes: $175.00 +$20.00 rental fee=$195.00
- Three 60-minute classes: $215.00+$20.00 rental fee=$235.00
Your rental can be purchased anytime during your first months of fencing ($200.00 value). After ten months, you own the gear, and the fee goes down to the regular class fee.
If you stop fencing before this term you may bring the gear back, and your membership will end.
End your membership and return your loaned fencing gear
- Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org), with a request to cancel your membership.
- Wash your body items only (no mask or glove), dry them thoroughly, and bring them in a bag with a name label and the date of the return.
- You can hand it over to any coach present on the fencing floor or in the office.
All unwashed items are subject to a $20.00 fee.
We are not responsible for the unpacked items left around, with no name/date.
You must return your rental within ten days of canceling your membership.
There is a $200.00 security fee for lost or un-returned gear.
Here is a list with EQUIPMENT PRICE LIST, as of October 2021, as well as our recommendations based on your fencing level/class:
Musketeers/Youth Learn to Fence/Adult Learn to Fence
– No personal equipment is necessary.
– If you are serious about fencing or take lessons, a weapon, mask, & glove is strongly recommended.
– Long pants and sneakers must be worn in class.
– All necessary equipment is required (this means 1 of each item listed on the first page).
– Knickers and long socks must be worn in class.
Youth Competitive/Adult Competitive
– All equipment necessary to fence is required.
– For tournaments, you should have extra of the following:
o At LEAST 2 weapons (3+ recommended)
o At LEAST 2 body cords (3+ recommended)
o Rolling bag
o Test/repair kit
Here is a Fencing Tournament Checklist with what you need in a competition, and this is a comprehensive guide on how to care for your fencing gear: from weapon and body cords, to cleaning your mask, glove, and bodysuit.
If you prefer to buy your fencing gear yourself, there are many companies that you can purchase equipment from, online or over the phone. If you are looking for a specific item, you can shop around for it at various places, to find the best price.
We order our fencing gear from Blue Gauntlet. They offer a wide variety of Starter Sets that range from about $100 to about $200, depending on the number of pieces of equipment and quality but we recommend to those new to fencing to come and see us before buying. Also, orders can be placed through us, we measure and determine the right size, place the orders, and shipping fees are split by the number of people. Here is the sizing chart, if you’d like to order on your own.
We also created our own online store, where you can buy moisture-wicking cool mesh polyester T-shirts, a performance fabric that keeps you cool and dry, and has our club’s logo on it.
The prices run from $25.00 to $30.00, and you can even create your own design!
Club team warmups are available by request: email@example.com
New to purchase in the club!
Nooma drinks, caffeinated and non-caffeinated, are for now for sale, in the mini-fridge.
- Nooma for Hydration
Optimized for rapid hydration and made with real, organic ingredients: organic coconut water, Himalayan pink salt, and no added sugar.
- Nooma Pre-Work out
Packed with powerful real ingredients and adaptogens: organic green coffee bean extract (for a no-jitter boost), organic ginseng, maca, ashwagandha, and cordyceps (for focus), and natural electrolytes ( coconut water, Himalayan pink salt), for hydration.
- Nooma Sport-Hydration Mix sticks
Only 25 calories, low sodium/potassium content, a mix of the two, above.
- Nooma Recovery
Flavorful and lightly carbonated, these drinks are packed with anti-inflammatory and immunity-boosting ingredients to get your muscles, joints, and body feeling right.
Some of the ingredients in these drinks
The drinks are kept cool in our mini-fridge; please ask your coach at the beginning of your class if you wish to purchase.