A plethora of medals from the 33rd Pomme De Terre!webmaster
A plethora of medals from the 33rd Pomme De Terre!
Forty-seven Olympia fencers competed at the 33rd annual Pomme de Terre, held at the prestigious Brandeis University, in Waltham, MA this past weekend, and brought home fifteen medals: four GOLD medals, one SILVER, and four BRONZE!
Jonas Hansen and Robert Hondor take the Gold and, respectively, the Bronze in a field of 108 fencers, in the Senior Men’s Épée event.
It was an all-Olympia final in the Senior Women’s Epee event: Isabel Di Tella takes home the gold medal and became the 2022 Pomme De Terre Champion, while Ashley Luo, brings home the silver medal.
Another Gold medal finds its way to Cambridge, by fifteen-year-old Shawn Zhang, in the E & Under Men’s Epee event.
In Veteran Women’s Epee, Angelica Brisk earns the Bronze medal, and in the Veteran Men’s Epee event, Michael Springer finishes in the first place, while Ed Mullarkey and Paul Thordarson take gold and another bronze medals.
Here are the top results
Senior Men’s Épée Senior Women’s Épée E & Under Men’s Épée
– 1st: Jonas Hansen – 1st: Isabel Di Tella – 1st: Shawn Zhang
– 3rd: Robert Hondor (A2022) – 2nd: Ashley Luo – 7th: Nicolas Valayannopoulos
– T6th: Jack Melcher – 5th: Ava Wade – 8th: Daniel Matei
– 10th: Corey Zhao – 9th: Lori Schmidt
– 13th: Harry Gui (B2022) – 14th: Michelle Pan
– 14th: Max Shah – 16th: Mariela Abramson
– 15th: Dayus Gohel
– 3rd: Angelica Brisk – 1st: Michael Springer – 8th: MJ Jensen
– 3rd: Ed Mullarkey (C2022)
– 3rd: Paul Thordarson (C2022)
Olympia fencers have dominated this competition in all major Épée events, since our founding, in 2013, establishing Olympia and keeping up its reputation as the most successful club in the New England Division.
See the past years winners on this page.