Located 15 minutes away from Boston, in the beautiful Fresh Pond of Cambridge, Olympia is second home to fencers ages 6 to 60 and over.
Founded and directed by former Romanian National Champion, Daniel Hondor, our club offers the best fencing training, with the goal to being a leading force in the regional, national and international fencing.
Along with Daniel, our stellar team includes Bulgarian Olympian Iliya Mechkov, also teaching épée, while coaches Shuang Meng, World Championship finalist and multiple Chinese National Champion and Kai Zhao, member of China’s Junior and Senior National Foil Teams, are both teaching foil.
We welcome fencers of all ages and skill level, our bi weekly Open Fencing program offers everyone the opportunity to fence Olympia’s best fencers as well as visitors from other fencing clubs around the country or the world, during over three hours of fencing, for only $15.00 floor fee.
If you are like the thousands who fell in love with this sport, your fencing club will become your second home. At Olympia, we take that responsibility seriously. Our fencers are competitors – and best friends. There are no age barriers, skill barriers, or shyness.
FREE Fencing Class!
Olympia Fencing Center is continuously recruiting new talents.
Appointments required – email or call us today, to learn more and reserve your spot: firstname.lastname@example.org
(617) 945 9448
Some of our best results
Over the years, Olympia Fencing Center has produced some of the best epeeists in the country. Our students are active participants in world, national and regional events, continuously earning numerous titles and medals.
7th pl, 2015 Helsinki (FI) Cadet World Cup, ranked 71st in the world.
- 12th, 2011 Gothenburg (SE) Cadet WE, ranked 60st in the world.
- 17th, 2013 Gothenburg Junior World Cup.
- 27th, 2011 European Cadet Circuit, Grenoble (FR), Cadet WE.
- 2013 Bronze Medalist, World Fencing Championship, Vet.50 WE, Bulgaria.
- 2013/2014 National Champion, Vet.50 Women’s Epee.
- 2011 Silver Medalist, North American Cup E (Veteran Open).
- 2010 Bronze Medalist, North American Cup E (Veteran Open).
USFA Points standing, as of January, 2015:
- Cristina Gordet, 1st, Vet50 Women’s Epee, captain of the National Team.
- Natalia Stavisky, tied for 1st, with clubmate Cristina, Vet50 Women’s Epee.
- Spencer Vermeule, 2nd, Men’s Epee Y10.
- George Scott, 5th, Vet. Men’s Epee.
- Natalia Stavisky, 6th, Vet. Women’s Epee and alternate, National Team.
- Robert Hondor, 12th, Men’s Epee Y14 (best NE Division).
- Angelica Brisk, 12th, Vet.40 Women’s Epee.
- Alejandra Trumble, 15th, Jun.Women’s Epee.
- George Scott, 17th, Vet.50, Men’s Epee (best NE Division).