Keep active, learn something new, and have fun this summer!
Registration is ongoing for the 2022 summer!!
About Our Camps
Competitive fencing is one of the fastest-growing sports in North America, and if you haven’t tried it yet, summertime is the best time to start!
Olympia Fencing Center coaches consist of world-class fencing masters and professional educators, CORI and Safe Sport certified.
We make learning fencing fun and enjoyable, in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
Our fencing camps are geared toward children ages 7-12, with some or no fencing experience, of all body types and athletic levels. Full fencing gear is provided.
The campers are grouped by age and level, and both fencers and non-fencers are welcome!
The address for our Cambridge Location: 127 Smith Pl. Cambridge, MA, 02138. Click here for directions.
Week one: July 11-15
Week two: July 25-29
Times: 10 AM – 3 PM
Cost: $500.00/week OR $120.00/day
Minimum of three days per week required.
10% Sibling Discount Available
2-hour extended pick-up ($15.00/hour)
Full payment is due on the first day of the camp, by check or credit card, payable to OLYMPIA FENCING CENTER.
Registration closes on July 1st, 2022
$100.00 late fee is applicable after this date, and the spots may be limited.
What do you need to sign up for the camp?
(Note: this doesn’t apply to OFC existing students)
How to submit your deposit:
1. Call us at (617) 945-9448, daily from 12:30-2:00 PM, or weekdays, 10:00 AM-12:30 PM, with a credit card.
2. Sign up and pay via askfred.net, a secure and reliable website used by fencing clubs for their events.
Step by step guide to register on askfred and submit your deposit
- Create a new fencer record
- Fill out all the fields -> for the club, type the letters “Oly” and select Olympia Fencing Center (NENG)
Don’t worry if you choose the wrong club, we can always fix it later.
No secondary club selection is needed.
- For division, start typing “New” -> New England should populate the box right away.
- Add your email, gender, and birth year.
You don’t have to create an account, but it’s highly recommended, especially for the existing fencers.
No USFA (United State Fencing Association) membership number is required, for non-fencers.
- Your registration is now complete, and you’ll be prompted to enter your payment information.
- Thank you for submitting your deposit!
The deposit fee is non-refundable (unless the camp is canceled) and is included in your camp cost. All deposits must be made by July 1st.
Last-minute registration can be possible based on availability, but participants will be subject to a late fee.
Please send us a message to check availability of late registration, or call: (617) 945-9448
What to Expect during the camp
Lots of FUN!
Our camp day starts with warm-up exercises and stretches, followed by agility games, footwork, and target practice.
Supervised fencing bouts are followed by a lunch break (around 11:30 AM), during which time we’ll run fencing-related movies on our big screen TV: Zorro, The Princess Bride, etc.
The rest of the camp day will consist of fencing basics: correct stances, lunges and parries, the rules, the electrical scoring system, bouting, and round-robin.
The camp week concludes with a fencing tournament, medals will be awarded, and a pizza party.
What you need to bring:
- Lunch pack, two snacks (we encourage fruits), water bottle.
Perishable lunches can be stored in our on-premise fridge, so please make sure your lunch is marked up with your child’s name!
- Shorts, athletic pants, sneakers.
Long pants are mandatory during bouting, shorts can be worn for stretching, footwork, and games.
No dresses, skirts, flip flops, or any open-toe shoes.
- Water bottle (a filtered water fountain is available for refills).
- Hair ties for those with long hair.
Hair must be pulled back and tucked behind the fencing mask.
- Extra T-shirt, if you’d like to change after.
- Face masks, for those who prefer to wear under the fencing mask.
Please note that our camps are most effective when there is a large group of participants with which each student can interact (fence!). For this reason, we require a minimum of 10 participants in order for a camp to take place. If we do not have 10 participants (or if we must cancel the camp for any reason) we will contact you a week before the start date to inform you and will refund your $100.00 deposit immediately.
Additional Information/FAQ (Read Before Registering!)
- Q; Do I need any fencing experience to sign up for the camp?
A: No. Our camps are designed for both beginners and intermediate fencers. While the games and warming up will be combined, our coaches will divide the campers by age/level groups during the fencing practice.
Our 6000 SF air-conditioned facility offers plenty of space and comfort for our campers to enjoy their camp days.
- Q: Is there a difference between the camps offered at Newton and the camps offered at Cambridge?
A: No, both locations offer the same high-quality instruction for individuals new to Fencing.
- Q: I would like to sign up for multiple camps but I cannot attend them back to back. Is this going to be a problem?
A: No! Our camps are designed so that you can jump right into each one without having to have any pre-existing knowledge from any of our previous camps.
- Q: Is there any way for me to see what a camp looks like before participating?
A: Unfortunately, we do not have any recordings of previous camps, but we do have some great photos (see below!). Additionally, we live-stream our daily classes on YouTube which you can check out for a glimpse into our facility!
Here are a few images from our past camps
Check our Facebook page for more photos!